Organic cotton quilted jacket
Hand-quilted 100% organic cotton jacket with gathering, side ties and 100% lyocell insides which are fully biodegradable.
Our organic cotton quilted jacket is a unique and warm addition to your wardrobe. Designed with playfulness and volume in mind, it works really well in a capsule wardrobe by making each outfit a statement. The jacket has dropped shoulders, no sleeves and has ties at each side. It also has a gather at the waist for a unique silhouette. We make this jacket by quilting 100% organic cotton fabric with a 100% lyocell batting on the inside- both of which are fully biodegradable (see section on ‘Sustainability’ further down for more information).
We hand quilt and make each jacket to-order in our workshop in Nottingham, England, minimising fabric wastage.
You may also be interested in our hand painted hemp jacket in pink.
Certified 100% organic cotton surface and 100% lyocell batting on the inside.
- Organic cotton is more sustainable than regular cotton because the process is based on long-term thinking. Organic cotton farming does not use synthetic insecticides, fungicides or fertilisers. Healthy soil is instead maintained through crop rotation. This prevents the loss of nutrients into water bodies and avoids both water pollution and the need for artificial fertilisers. Organic cotton farming also uses significantly less water than ordinary cotton, whereby farmers rely mainly on rainwater. Find out more about organic farming at the Textile Exchange!
- Lyocell is a more sustainable textile option compared to many other fabrics. Lyocell is made from wood pulp, typically from eucalyptus trees, which are fast-growing and require less water and pesticides than other crops like cotton. Lyocell’s manufacturing process uses a closed-loop system, which means that the solvents used to dissolve the wood pulp are reused and recycled, rather than being released as waste into the environment. This makes lyocell production less resource-intensive and less polluting than other methods of producing rayon or similar fabrics. Lyocell is also known for its softness, durability, and breathability. It is also naturally: bacteria and odour-inhibiting; moisture repellant; and fully biodegradable. The lyocell inner that we use in this jacket is fully biodegradable in soil after 60 days.
- The labels we use are made from recycled fabric that is OEKO-TEX standard 100 certified.
Our (zero) waste policy:
- We re-purpose remnant fabrics into patchwork items.
- Any small fabric and thread scraps left over, we pay to be recycled within the UK. Fabric that cannot be recycled into further fabric is recycled into loft insulation.
- Our mailbags are fully biodegradable.
A great resource on sustainable fashion is the Fashion Revolution, including information on what to consider when choosing where and what to buy. As a brand that value sustainability, we also strive to post informative content on sustainable matters on our Instagram account @fordandguy
Either hand wash or machine wash at 30 degrees C. Drip dry and iron on medium heat. Do not bleach.
To waste less water, energy and to make your clothes last longer:
-wash at cooler temperatures;
-wash your clothes less often;
-and don’t tumble dry.
Size & fit
We offer multiple sizes. This jacket has an oversized style. The black jacket in the image is a size 12. The navy in the image is a size 22.
Delivery & returns
This product is made-to-order and will take 1-4 weeks to process prior to shipping. For general delivery and returns information, please see our informations page here.